Saturday, February 23, 2013

WHO Quadrophenia and more concert

ROCKIN' a Friday night in WHOville'

Boardwalk Hall Atlantic City RoCKED with the timeless classic rock of THE WHO!

Opening Act: Vintage Trouble, Rockin' Soul group from LA California. GREAT energy and musicianship BUT unnecessary* The legendary status of THE WHO doesn't require opening support; Bummed that I rushed through a great dinner nearby. However: glad to have caught the eye of a nearby listener (Dave) who insisted he buy me a beer* A on the beer  D+ on the intrusion of an opening act that I showed up for thinking The WHO was going on at 7:30.(hell, that's great, because they're old, I told wife)**

SetList: Quadrophenia in it's entirety then the hits! A

Favorite song: 5:15 LoVE it! Taped it on my phone and loaded it on Facebook feed at 100.7 WZXL

Video: D-  (did not realize you can hold the phone upside down recording-sorry)**

Performers: Daltry! Townshend! Ringo's kid-Zack Starkey on drums! B+

would have given frontman an A but Daltry's voice was faltering at best, hitting certain notes* 

Three keynoardists needed for Quadrephenia story and it worked, Brass section outstanding bringing the production front and center. A

Crowd: Sold Out! Enthusiastic! White-haired smokers passing a joint to each other right in front of us!@^^!!
Sang along with the familiar songs. Baba O'reily and 5:15 really loud (check out video loaded on FB)
Audience participation: B+

To those who saw The WHO in concert with the entire band intact, Entwhistle, Moon-I SaLUTE you! BUT I had a fantastic time seeing the surviving (2) do it up for the crowd one more time!

Overall:  B






3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Joyce said...

I was there and I Loved the whole show....some of their best music and I thought Roger was amazing as always....The music,the audience,and the venue was awesome!!!! ♥

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admiring the time and energy you put into
your blog and in depth information you offer.
It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed material.
Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.


Here is my site registry cleaner Software
Also see my page :: best registry cleaner

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it.
I have you book marked to look at new stuff you post…

Feel free to surf to my web blog pasang iklan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home