Monday, April 21, 2014

WOW!! 50 years old???

The Who May Release New Music For 50th Anniversary



Pete Townshend has revealed that he's hoping to release some new material to celebrate the Who's 50th anniversary. He broke the news during a recent interview with Billboard, saying that he plans to dig through their archive to find anything that they may have missed in the past.

"I'm trying to [look] through my 20,000 hours of complete and utter disorganised music . . . I'll be pulling some songs out of Floss to give to Roger [Daltrey] to see if we've got enough to make an album. It might be a big waste of time, but I'm hoping there will be an album," he explained.

He also discussed the new track he recently penned for the television show The Americans:
"I wanted to keep it very simple. Here's this couple whose whole life is about duty, duty without honor, duty without explanation. There are no accolades. They're not living a lie but doing things they find hard to do. Everybody has a part of their life that's difficult to explain. For me it's why the f*ck am I in the Who?"
Copyright(c) 2014 RTTNews.com. All Rights Reserved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home